I haven't always succeeded in life. Sometimes each time I get up something seems to want to push me down. Sometimes I laugh until tears roll down my cheeks. Sometimes I sit in the wind and just breathe. Sometimes I feel like crying, and sometimes like flying. It's all me, and sometimes...I write these things down, and they're here for you to see.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Would you?...

If you could do things over in life, what would you do?

Would you laugh more? Sing louder? Cry less?
Would you care stronger? Love harder? Hate less?

Would you try again, even if you knew you would fail?
Would you send handwritten letters to your loved ones by mail?

Would you listen better- at home, at school, and abroad?
Would you plant flowers, help others, praise God?

Would you maybe go fishing with your sibling or father,
     Even though it's not really your "thing"?
Would you sit down more evenings and listen to whether
     Your mother had reason to sing?

Would you bite back that word that you let slip by your tongue?
Would you help a young neighbor climb up a slide rung?

Would you bake up a cake, and give it away?
Would you give of yourself the best every day?

Would you spend less time talking, and some more time doing?
Would you think more of others, and less often of you?

Would you give all your friends a warm hug every day?
Would you tell your sweet family "I love you" every way?

Would you dance in the rain more?
Would you play in the sun?
Would you chase after rainbows when a big storm is done?

Would you say to that person, "I think you are neat"
     Regardless of how they may act or may think?

Would you spend all your days wishing for things out of your range?
...Or would you get up and get out there, and make a great change?

It's up to you.  Today is your day.
What you make of it all is in all that you say.
Get up and leave reason; just give of your best.
Do all you can do, and let God do the rest.

It's true you may not make the best choices in life.
It comes with the deal- it's something called strife.
But you can make today a yesterday worth living,
And look forward to tomorrow- a whole new day full of giving! :)

Love, Me.

3 comments:

  1. Very inspiring, Jenna. I love it. :) I wish I could write poetry like this...

    -joey

    P.S. are you related to Dr. Suess? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JENNA!! I love that you write so much poetry on your blog! It is just awesome! I love you lots jenna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks. :)

    You know, it's funny...I was posting this blog, and was thinking how it sounded like a Dr. Suess thing. The main difference? - Mine's about real life things, and I don't make up 10-syllable words! ;) Maybe I should... :P

    As far as I know, though, I'm as related to Dr. Suess as much as you are. Are you related? Probably somehow. Am I gonna extensively check? Nope. ;)

    Thanks for the thought, though. ;)

    Love, Me.

    Btw Joey...go to bed earlier than 12 and get up later than 3!! Goodness!! ;)

    ReplyDelete