I haven't always succeeded in life. Sometimes each time I get up something seems to want to push me down. Sometimes I laugh until tears roll down my cheeks. Sometimes I sit in the wind and just breathe. Sometimes I feel like crying, and sometimes like flying. It's all me, and sometimes...I write these things down, and they're here for you to see.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sometimes Poems Don't Have Words

Sometimes poems don't have words,
and a phrase can be understood in a beautiful landscape.
Maybe it's a wave in an ocean,
or Perhaps the song of a bird.

Sometimes the swelling of a song,
That gentle and sweet breeze of sound
Can tell you more in a moment without words
Than a thousand dictionaries in the world ever could.

Sometimes a simple smile. A friendly hug.
A touch, a wave, a moment of laughter.
All exchanges. All magical. All poems in their own.
None requiring words.

Sometimes poems are recognized for their length,
Or perhaps the Honor of those who write them.
Some are known for their rhythm or rhyme,
Or the intricate stories the author weaves in them.

Sometimes a poem is as simple as a person
Pleading for someone to stay, to live,
And to hear that tender reply,
"I have."

Sometimes poems don't have words.
This one does,
So you can hear what you may not see.

"Your life is an occasion. Rise to it."

Love, Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment