I haven't always succeeded in life. Sometimes each time I get up something seems to want to push me down. Sometimes I laugh until tears roll down my cheeks. Sometimes I sit in the wind and just breathe. Sometimes I feel like crying, and sometimes like flying. It's all me, and sometimes...I write these things down, and they're here for you to see.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Dear World,

Hi. It's 2012. Add the single digits up and you get 5, which is today. Cool, huh? Now add 20 and 12, and you get 32, which happens to be the day I last posted.

Okay, that was a joke. But that would be weird-cool if it were true.

I am officially 19 and a half. And a day.  It's amazing to think of how much has happened in such a short time. PLUS!! Tomorrow is Maestro's birthday!! Happy birthday shout out to one of the best friends EVER!!! :D

School started yesterday, making today the second day, but first of the Thursday classes.  Funny enough, it doesn't feel like the start of a semester, but rather...like the middle of one.  I suppose that's a good thing. Yesterday I had a six hour wait in between my morning and my last class.  Because we just went over the syllabus in Biology, we got out 20 minutes early at 10:40.  And so, it was 11:15am and I learned something very important.

I was extremelly bored.  This wasn't good.  I had six more hours of this, then two more of class!  By 1:30 I'd already read half of a book from the Bookstore, had lunch, written two letters, changed my classes, renewed my registration on my laptop and ecclesiastical endorsement, bought more books (which I found out later I didn't need), and stared out the window.  It was then that I decided that I would rather have class at 8am than wait that long again, even if I did have homework in the future.

Lesson 1 of the start of the semester: Check your classes to make sure you've taken the prereqs. Preferrably before the day before classes starts.
Lesson 2: Days can seem more like 36 hours long if you're not careful
Lesson 3: If you're buying books, make sure it's the right edition and volume.
Lesson 4: If you're jumping over a stool to get somewhere quickly, make sure you've cleared it completely.

With the start of the new year, people often make "resolutions", or "This is something I should work on and maybe want to do, and since everyone else is doing it, I'll do it too. We'll see if it gets past the first week".  I honestly have never had much desire or luck with these, other than the one I made halfway through February my Freshman year of High school to see if I could go all year without chewing gum.  Weird, I know.  But, it's five years later, and I still haven't.  Anyway.  I guess if I did make New Years Resolutions, here's what they'd be:

~Be nicer to everyone
~Watch cool movies
~Do awesome things

Hmm.  I guess I can do that.  I think I'd also like to get to the temple a few times a month...if that's once weekly that's great.

Some people think the world's going to be ending sometime this year.  Course, they predicted that it would end sometime last year, too.  And in years before that.  In my opinion, it's not gonna end this year.  And if it did "end"....it's not going to be what people think. 

Reasoning?

I'm not ready to graduate yet, and that's gonna happen in 2014.  If we were to use a mathematical equation (+ my logic),  2014 > 2012, and it's gonna happen, therefore, it's not going to come to a halt this year.  That and How to Train Your Dragon 2 is scheduled to come out in January of 2013, and we need to see how that is.

So, Welcome to 2012. It's gonna be a great year, and see you next year. :)

Love, Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment