I haven't always succeeded in life. Sometimes each time I get up something seems to want to push me down. Sometimes I laugh until tears roll down my cheeks. Sometimes I sit in the wind and just breathe. Sometimes I feel like crying, and sometimes like flying. It's all me, and sometimes...I write these things down, and they're here for you to see.

Monday, November 19, 2012

My Favorite View


Glittering lights
A fallen constellation from the sky.

Housing a hundred thousand souls, shining in the moonlight.  A hundred thousand wishes to make.  A hundred million breaths to keep.

Laid out like a blanket from the heavens.

A cluster of shooting stars follow a path made just for them.  Some close to home.  Some with far to travel.

I sit alone, up here watching.  Gazing at my valley constellation.  A blessing of a view when there's none in the sky.  A beauty in the eye of the beholder.

Some lights shine out over the lake.  Their echo seen across the surface.  Some spell out words too faint and distant to see.  Some spell not at all - just a beacon to let the world know they are there.

Some lights house sadness, some joy.  Some shine brightly while others- a bare glow.  The frosty air descends and a hush falls over the city.  A city of lights.

A world upside-down.  Lights on the ground instead of the head.  Close your eyes tightly and keep your breath held.  Turn slightly and let your breath sigh...as you leave your thoughts many to the One in the sky.

A thousand glittering lights lay below, and I am up here, with no wish to go.  For once I leave I must find my place and where to go.  So before I leave I catch and see the first set of starlight from the heavens.  Shining softly in the sky, housing millions more than mine.  A simple elegance that can't compare.  I suppose a hope is found up there.

Twinkling starlights in the night - bring me home safe, I pray, tonight.

Love, Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment