I haven't always succeeded in life. Sometimes each time I get up something seems to want to push me down. Sometimes I laugh until tears roll down my cheeks. Sometimes I sit in the wind and just breathe. Sometimes I feel like crying, and sometimes like flying. It's all me, and sometimes...I write these things down, and they're here for you to see.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving...

I've tried several times to write my feelings down today.  *chuckle* Needless to say, there are several drafts started all over my desk area... I haven't even titled this yet, I guess I'm just waiting for inspiration to come or something. 

I have the blessing of being able to wait.  Not being demanded to do something right now.

I'm listening to Josh Groban right now, and will probably go and play the piano in a minute.  Three of my uncles are here, they came for Thanksgiving Lunch.

I have the blessing of hearing.
I have the blessing of expression of emotion...
I have the blessing of a loving family, most of them close by and all welcoming.
My arms work.

I can remember a time just recently when my arms constantly hurt, frequently to the point of wrapping and icing, and sometimes so badly I couldn't even flex my fingers, let alone open a granola bar wrapper. Yeah, that bad.  My arms work, pain free.

I lost my camera a couple of months ago, so I haven't gone on as many sunset jaunts.  But I do have the ones I took over the summer, and a phone that takes pictures, plus my family has a camera, and, hey- I've got my memory... And eyes to see each one, a warm house to return to when it's cold outside.

Recently a man in my ward died, leaving four young kids and a wife behind.  One of the girls is in nursery, where I'm a leader. She clung to me last week, and wrapped herself around my heart in the process...This is the second father to die in seven months in our ward.

I have a dad...he's healthy, loving, and takes care of me.
I have friends and places to turn to when I can't find my way, am lonely, lost, or hurt...

This morning I took a warm shower with clean, good smelling soaps, and had clean, dry clothes choose from to wear.  I had the ability to flip a light switch with a finger and light up my room.  When I was in the hospital five years ago I had to use both arms and my body strength and strain to flip a switch.

I have a healthy, beating heart.
I had a very nice lunch today, and have food in the fridge if I get hungry.
I have the blessing of taste.
I have the blessing of health.
I have the blessing of healing.

Several friends are on missions right now, and several are receiving calls, and going out to serve...

I have the blessing of the gospel in my life.
I have the Glorious blessing of soon to be eight Temples within an hour drive of my home...
I have the blessing of having my church behind my house, and practically my whole neighborhood active.

The list goes on, as I think of more things I'm grateful for. Contacts, so I can see. Glasses, when I run out of contacts. Contacts to talk to. ;-) (Had to throw in a bit of humor there...)

Really, This whole earth.  Yes, I do have a hard time at school sometimes and the load is stressful at times. But then when it's gone I don't know what to do with myself. Grateful for each end of the spectrum, and the times inbetween, I suppose.

Thank you, Heavenly Father for all the blessings I've received.

Thanks, all, for everything.  For listening to my thoughts when I share them, for laughing at, with, and for me.  For taking care of me.  For letting me take care of you at times, too.  So many of you, (I'd dare say all) have changed my life, and helped me on my way.  Thanks for that.  I hope you all can find things to be grateful and thankful for in every day...

...I will be forever grateful for you all in every one of mine. :)

Love, Me.

Ps...Christmas is in a month. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment