I haven't always succeeded in life. Sometimes each time I get up something seems to want to push me down. Sometimes I laugh until tears roll down my cheeks. Sometimes I sit in the wind and just breathe. Sometimes I feel like crying, and sometimes like flying. It's all me, and sometimes...I write these things down, and they're here for you to see.

Monday, June 7, 2010

To See the Sky on Fire

This is in light of last night... :) (Sunday night)

















I went on an adventure
As fun as it could be
I took some pretty pictures
And some are here to see.















It started early evening,
The sun was barely set,
The sky was bright on one side,
And darker in the west.















Then I saw the lightning.
Fascination had set in.
I watched from the front window,
Then went outside to spin.















A picture here, a picture there,
The sky chages every minute.
Then I get a message where
I'm invited to go be in it.

My mom said yes, (and thanks, I say)
So not five minutes later,
I'm in the car and on my way
To go see some more weather.

Up on the hill and looking out
I stood there with my camera.
The smell of rain was all about,
And the sky was turning fuchsia.


Now, laughing in the wind is
A favorite thing to do.
Imagine my enjoyment, as
It whipped around me, too.

Soon the sky grew dark,
And though the evening drew,
The memories of that embark
Are with me, through and through.


And though it changes every night,
It's always my desire
To catch it when the time is right;
To See the Sky on Fire. :)


















Love, Me.

3 comments:

  1. Weather is just the most amazing thing ever. I love how beautiful it looks even in the harshest of conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jenna Dear! I love you so! I love the pictures, and how much your poem sounds just like you!
    I love you! I lovelovelove you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your poem...:) it was so thoughtful and AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete