I haven't always succeeded in life. Sometimes each time I get up something seems to want to push me down. Sometimes I laugh until tears roll down my cheeks. Sometimes I sit in the wind and just breathe. Sometimes I feel like crying, and sometimes like flying. It's all me, and sometimes...I write these things down, and they're here for you to see.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sometimes Life is Hard

I have a problem.  School starts in 11 days, and I'm enjoying my summer too much to want to go back.  I know school is good, but.........it's been a nice break. ;)

Also, I'm super tired lately.  Doing a lot during the days, playing, cleaning, prepping, Relief Society, and staying up too late typically results in me semi-crashing halfway through the day, usually at this time, between 2:30 and 3:30.  The obvious solution is to go to bed earlier, or take a nap, right?  Except I don't usually do either.

So it's my fault. Also, this week's been hard.  Hard news, rough days, long evenings and not enough time to do what I need to.  Trying to fit everything in can be tricky, and with school will be especially tricky...in a good way, I'm sure, but...

I'm not meaning to complain.  It's just me trying to sort my emotions and everything.  Most of the time, life is good, but in case people wondered - yes, life can be hard, depressing, "lame", trying, and especially difficult some weeks more than others, even for those whom it doesn't seem like it would apply to.  So what do we remedy it with? (Aka., what have I been trying a lot of lately?)

-Scripture study...sometimes more than 15 minutes. Sometimes you've got to read from 5pm to 5 in the morning in order to finally feel in the right mood or Spirit.

-Prayer.  Praying like there's nothing else to do. My dad says (quoting President Hinckley): "Pray like it all depends on Heavenly Father, and then work like it all depends on you".  Pray for others and their struggles. 30 minutes later, you may still be praying, but with a different purpose than you started.

-Go to the Temple.  I sat in the waiting room for probably 20 minutes before I felt like I could completely leave the world and it's worries behind, but even then the worries I had were still on my mind.  Then I went down to the Baptistry, went to work, and came back feeling refreshed.  Sometimes it takes a short visit, sometimes longer. You just have to make the time.

-Not gossip.  I've noticed that there's been a lot of gossip going on lately, and I try not to be a part of it, but man it's hard sometimes.  Try it.  Go a week, or even a day noticing how you talk or listen about people.  Gossip can tear a person down the same way a wrecking ball does to a building.  Change the conversations for the good.

-Loud music. Sometimes you just gotta let it out.  One time it was turning the volume up to the max on the piano and playing long and loud songs, loud enough that I'm sure the neighbors could hear even with the windows closed.  No one else was home, so I figured they wouldn't mind... ;)

-Realize you've changed. You're still the same entity that goes to bed at night and wakes up for the day, but what's inside of you has grown and changed.  You're not the same, but you're still you.  It's a paradox that's hard to explain, but easier to understand.  If you're looking to do the same things the same way, you're selling yourself short.  It's not going to happen.  Times has passed, you and your surroundings change, and you move on.  Albeit it's not easy.  Oh no.  It can be rotten hard.  But it's really for the best.

-Paradigm shift.  Gotta make the decision to change.  And if you do, you have to jump in facing forward with both feet.  No twisting, no looking back, no holding on to anything else.  The times when you don't think it's working, when you feel like you've tried long enough with no results, you just gotta keep pushing forward with hope and faith that it'll come through.  Some day it will.

-And one of the hardest....Trust.  Give up your pride, let go of your doubts, and trust in the Maker of the Universe who holds you in the palm of His hand.  Trust in His timing, His blessings, His promises, and the trials that He allows.

These are some of the things I try.  Some of them work better than others, and may be easier, and you might even find something that works for you that no one else has tried or found to work yet.  But just thought you should know, sometimes we have a hard time.

Love, Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment