I haven't always succeeded in life. Sometimes each time I get up something seems to want to push me down. Sometimes I laugh until tears roll down my cheeks. Sometimes I sit in the wind and just breathe. Sometimes I feel like crying, and sometimes like flying. It's all me, and sometimes...I write these things down, and they're here for you to see.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Five Years

Five years.

Five years ago today I was throwing up so bad I was passing out.
Five years ago I was so sick the doctor couldn't get a blood pressure.
Five years ago I was put on my first heart monitor, which saved my life.
Five years ago I was loaded onto an emergency helicoptor and flown to the Children's Hospital in Salt Lake.
Five years ago tonight my heart stopped.  I was equipped with a device that would send a bolt of electricity though my body whenever this happened, in hopes of starting it again.  It hurt so bad I wanted to cry, but would pass out before I got the chance...
Five years ago my body all but shut down.  Machines were taking over, fruitlessly... my skin hurt so bad...
Five years ago I had a ventilator that breathed for me.  I would get so thirsty...
Five years ago I had so many lines and IV's I couldn't count them all.  Course, I would fall asleep from medication mid-sentence...
Five years ago I had a 17% chance of surviving the night...
Five years ago I was being prepped for a short transfer between buildings for an operation, the distance, though short, the doctors didn't expect me to make...

Five years ago my family and I witnessed a miracle.

Five years ago...I lived.  I beat the odds.  I started to get better...
Five years ago I was out of the hospital after 13 days.
Five years ago I was winded after walking up a couple of stairs, and could only go to one or two classes at school a day.
Five years ago I struggled emotionally at school while being in a wheelchair, and being called a "cripple".
Five years ago I was walking, though slowly, to all of my classes by the end of the year.
Five years ago I experienced a life-changing miracle...

...and I'm alive to tell about it, Today.

Miracles exist.

Love, Me.

3 comments:

  1. I remember coming to see you. I'm so glad you made it.
    I love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours is a visit I actually remember...it was nice. :) I hear some other people visited me...but I only remember the last few... :-/ Medication. Bah. Thanks, anyway, you're great. :)
    Love, Me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna, reading this, short but strong entry, helped me remember a lot of different things. Just wanted to thank you for being you and for making it so that our paths in life would cross and i would be the person i am today. :) i love you poncho. Thank you.

    Love little sis,
    Amanda Jeannette ;)

    ReplyDelete