I haven't always succeeded in life. Sometimes each time I get up something seems to want to push me down. Sometimes I laugh until tears roll down my cheeks. Sometimes I sit in the wind and just breathe. Sometimes I feel like crying, and sometimes like flying. It's all me, and sometimes...I write these things down, and they're here for you to see.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Close of August End...

...whoo, and what a month it was!! Here's a little sample of what happened for me...

Weather.  Well, I already posted about it.  But the weather's been amazing.  It's weather, right??  However, I'm not so excited about how the length of days are getting shorter...I'm missing the sunsets nearly every night!!! And when I do notice the time early enough, it's a clear evening, and those don't typically have a lot of color.  I have absolutely LOVED all of the rain/thunder/lightning storms lately, it's a nice chance to cool off, play in the rain, smell the rain, and just...love it. :)

There's been a lot of family reunion/dinner things.  They went well, the food was good, the company enjoyable. :)

And boys are going on their missions!!  I'm missing Nursery half the time at church because I'm gone supporting my friends as their leaving.  (No, I was not placed in Nursery as a child.  I'm a Nursery Leader, there's a difference.  But hey, I get snacks, haha.)  So, I think it's been three guys this month entering the mission field, or at least giving farewells, and more next month.  Good luck Elders!!!

Oh my this month was filled with plenty of "Last Time to Play" with friends.  It was fun, though.  One good friend spent the day with me once, we had an adventure of a time trying to deposit checks, trying on dresses at the mall (and getting stuck a couple of times), and just enjoying laughing together.  Thanks, Ky. :)  Another fun time was spent at my favorite movie, How to Train Your Dragon, where I spilled MINIMAL popcorn, thank you.  YOU spilled the rest, I'm certain!!  Then you blame it on me, thanks... :-p  It was a fun day, though.  Meeting new people, seeing old friends again, good times.  I also went up to Squaw Peak for my first time, wow.  And didn't get electrocuted during the lightning storm, another plus!! Hahahaha...  Ahhh, fun times, fun times.  That's not all that happened...but some of it. :)

I had my first "in charge of" recital for my 10 piano/voice students.  That was a crazy, bigger than I expected but enthralling event.  My dear sweet students either sang or played their best for their parents and friends about two and a half weeks ago.  I couldn't be more proud of them if they were on American Idol, some of which I don't doubt aspiring for.  And though there were a few bugs on my part- (I left one girl's music at home!! So I played from memory as best I could, and improvised the rest- AHH!!!) we made it through, and I survived. :-p  Plus, Josie Jo came for the last part and filled my draining reserves with Sunshine.  So it was good anyway. :)

Temple Day.  Ahh, blessed, welcome Wednesday afternoon Temple Day.  I'm hoping to be able to continue the tradition, as it keeps my sanity in check, but BYU has a way of stepping in and being frustratingly "Steadfast and Immovable", so you'd better do your homework.  Which I should be doing now, but...I needed a break.  Meh.  I'll make this quick, I just looked at how much needs to be done by tomorrow... :-/

I'm learning how to whistle.  My mom still teases that it's cute that I'm practicing and learning, but....yeah...don't know where I as going with that thought...Anyhow...

Relationships have changed, both in my life and those around me.  Because I know Someone Else is in charge, I know they're for the better.  Key word being "better", not always "easier". :)

Freshman Academy for BYU was Wednesday through Saturday last week.  We spent a lot of time outside in the sun, so some people burned.  I'm surprised- I usually burn...and I think I may have gotten the slightest of tans...emphasis on slightest... But it was great to meet new people from around the US and elsewhere, and to see some familiar faces as well.  One guy from Montana says, looking around the field filled with about 4,000+ freshman, "I'll bet there are more people on this field than life in my hometown".  One person, asking as if to question, "They say there could be rain tomorrow..." (clear sky).  I look up, nod a bit, and say, "Yeah, I guess so".  They're not sure if I'm joking or not... ...I wasn't... ;)  Welcome to Utah, I say...

And, of course, the inevitable, BYU.  Wow, haha... eh... The first day of classes (yesterday) completely wore me out, and I only had two.  Walking ALL over campus with a backpack in the hot sun, I'd say about 5ish miles all together, then I came home and went on a bike ride with my mom and brothers.  Insane??? Yes.  Today I had four classes, and did much better, somehow.  It's getting better as time goes on, I think, except when I think of all the papers and reading assignments due and the fact that I'm still on the computer...I'll finish up quick.  Ps...I don't recommend starting out college, especially at a University with 16 credits.  Just so you know.  Unless you're exceptionally insane, as apparently I am...

Uh, yeah.  That's some of what's happened during August End.  It's been better in some ways than I expected, and harder in others.  But, what's life without a few bumps along the way?  (If you know, will you let me know?) ;) haha...I'm so funny...

Anyhow.  I'm fairly sure life is about to become a lot more hectic than I'd like, what with 50+ pages to read nightly, essays, and I'm not even getting home til 6 every other night, possibly teaching one or two nights...man.  In some ways, I miss high school.  Enjoy life while you can, right? :)

Much love, Stay sane, Don't Eat Bugs.

Love, Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment