I haven't always succeeded in life. Sometimes each time I get up something seems to want to push me down. Sometimes I laugh until tears roll down my cheeks. Sometimes I sit in the wind and just breathe. Sometimes I feel like crying, and sometimes like flying. It's all me, and sometimes...I write these things down, and they're here for you to see.

Monday, August 2, 2010

*Accidents Included*

Ever wondered why things happen the way they do?

I do.

Of course, later on I understand, but as for the moment when it's happening, I typically have a hard time seeing the outcome or the solution.  Occasionally I've been able to back away and observe the situation at a reasonable distance, and with a reasonably good hold on my head.  Doesn't necessarily make the situation easier to understand or undergo, but it helps.  Somehow.

I wondered why something happened like it did.  Then, not five (well, maybe it was five...) days after the fact, I understood completely. Rephrase: I better understood why it happened when it did.  And, like any bad cold, I'm still recovering from the effects these many weeks, and perhaps even months later.  No, I wasn't sick.  It was just an analogy.

Want a "For instance"?  Here's one.

Why, after 11+ years of playing extensive piano, recently classical/performance type, have I suddenly developed this sensitivity in my arms?  It's not like I've never had a short time period where they haven't hurt. I remember learning/memorizing two 10-page, "Musically Advanced II" piano solos for my Piano Festival that was in February, along with a 25-page Senior Concerto to be performed in March when after literally HOURS of practice (granted, I loved it!) that my arms would be extremely tired, and occasionally I couldn't move my hands in any short amount without incredible pain.  Hindsight...that...was...probably too much...  ...And...that was usually after a full day at school where I spent a good portion of time on the piano for choir.  "But classes were only, what, 87 minutes?? [~1.5 hours]" you hesitantly and questioningly say... ...Yeah, but I was in Chamber Singers, Concert Choir, Student Director/Pretty much teacher of Mixed Chorus, and had a free period after that where I would have time to (what else?) Practice.  That, plus 30 minutes of lunch could round up to from 2-5 hours with a piano at school a day.  (Wanna hear a joke? Okay, so someone says to me last year,
"Oh, so you're in choir?"
"Yep." :)
"What part do you sing?"
"Piano."
"...You sing softly?"
"Oh, no, I've actually had a time where someone thought I stuck out. AMAZING for me, I know.  But I spend most of my time on my baby, Victoria. ...That's...the name we've given the gorgeous Baby Grand Steinway......"
"...Oh...." And they walk off with this weird look. Perhaps confusion, and pity? Please don't pity.  You'd love it, too, if you got to play a piano like Victoria so much...) Okay, in truth, I don't actually recall that situation, it's just a possibility.

So, anywhere from 2-5 hours at school, then you come home and practice what you didn't there, and add in your own selection ranging anywhere from Brahms to Jon Schmidt...the latter more frequently as stress would come... ;)  I'd end up with literally several hours of piano a day.  Hmm....

But why in the month of June do I suddenly have a steady and rapid depletion of strength in my arms??  Sigh.  I really probably just spend too much time on the computer.  But other times when my arms have been perfectly fine, I've propped myself up on my bed with a book, or gripped something for a short amount of time and they've fired up like Ol' Bessie and the subject in matter is quickly dispersed, and ice and an ace bandage take its place.  Sadly, a lot of things turn into a rant on my arms.  I'm trying not to.  I just figure... ...Okay, I've got nothin'.  Just complaining.

Moving on.  Things happen in life, when they do, for a specific and legitimate reason.  We, (Thankfully) don't see exactly why all the time, but, if we remember to keep our cool and not lose our heads, which in turn allows others to keep theirs (and we're all very thankful for that, I'm sure) we'll be better off, and more likely than not be able to see how things worked out for our good.  The nice thing we can remember, is that even if things don't "go right"....
.....It'll all be Okay.  Things will work out for the better, and we'll be able to realize that even if it's not our desired best, it's probably for the best in someone else's life.  Accidents included.  Poor and yet mind-blowingly brilliant Thomas Edison had to realize that, somewhere in between time number one and time 9, 365 of trying for the right light bulb.  Okay, it may not have been that many tries, but hey.  We're going for effect, here.  And it's My blog, anyways...

So I read the third Harry Potter book a few weeks ago, simply because I saw it on the couch.  And I started on page 40ish.  Kaden hated it, cause every time he'd put it down and get up to do something, I'd start reading it.  Haha.  Sorry, bro. ;) :-p Then I promptly skipped books four, five and six and read the seventh one again.  In like, two, three days?  I think I like those two the best.  Maybe one is in third, but third is definitely first. ;) hahaha, I love mind twisters...especially when I'm in control of them.

Take this one.

When an individual of no said title departs the scene of which said entity has taken part, and upon turning their body so as to lay eye to the wreckage, at what point in the continuum of time and energy will the gravity of said departed situation be fully comprehended by the graduated person?

Who can comprehend this one? Second question: Who can understand it?  ....I do.... ;) :D

Yeah, so, basically I'm taking the assumption that when you take any amount of ADD and put it into a deep, questioning/contemplative mode, it becomes brilliant, eh?  Yep, sticking with that.  Anticipation.  Can always be expected, and yet, never fully or completely arrives...
Life works, Accidents included.

I'm off to figure out Piano....
Oh, and by the way...
...happy August End.
:) ;-) :-/
Love, Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment