I haven't always succeeded in life. Sometimes each time I get up something seems to want to push me down. Sometimes I laugh until tears roll down my cheeks. Sometimes I sit in the wind and just breathe. Sometimes I feel like crying, and sometimes like flying. It's all me, and sometimes...I write these things down, and they're here for you to see.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

This, is Home.

Tonight I drove up Cascade Drive.
Not for any reason, except maybe the view.
It's beautiful...
I sat on this rock, where I am now,
Silent.  Not thinking.  Just letting my mind wander,
roam where it pleases in the open area.
Warm.  The rock is warm, and friendly, almost.
The air is cool, yet the wind is warm, and flows
around, like my mind.  Home, it says.
Dark purple mountains, outlined in orange light.
Water is silent, peaceful, undisturbed tonight.
I breathe in the smell of Utah.  Of the hills
by where I live.  I came here on a whim, so
what comfort am I seeking?


That of the Wind.


As I write it grows stronger, and recognizes.
Some say nature is silent.  I disagree.
You just have to listen for a language not of your own.
You have to listen with something
other than your ears to hear...
The Voice of the Wind.  The Tales of the Sea. 
The Whisperings of the Grass...the Comfort of
a Rock.
Beauty.   Simply....beauty....


This is earth.


This, is Home. :)
8:35pm-8:45pm

Love, Me.

2 comments:

  1. That was beautiful, Jenna. There's nothing better than listening to the sound of God's creations. And you describe it so poetically. :) "Love it."

    ReplyDelete