I haven't always succeeded in life. Sometimes each time I get up something seems to want to push me down. Sometimes I laugh until tears roll down my cheeks. Sometimes I sit in the wind and just breathe. Sometimes I feel like crying, and sometimes like flying. It's all me, and sometimes...I write these things down, and they're here for you to see.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Walk With Nature

A walk down the road
I had seen such a treat
Nature helped to unload
Some of life's great feats.

The wind whipped around me
A chorus of glee;
I was already home
Where I needed to be.

The tree reached out softly
And placed on my cheek
A peck of dear kindness,
A hug of sweet peace.

The roses sang out
In their own special song
And filled my nose
With a sweet smelling throng.

The rain when it came
Fell upon me like wishes
And each of those drops
Felt like tender sweet kisses.

The sky, how it danced
And put on a display
Of thunder and lightning
And rain on the way.

I walk up my path,
My shoes in my hand, now
My soul is at rest
From my walk home with Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment